PoshConsole is a modern graphical PowerShell Console. We aim to have a complete open source implementation of the PSHostUserInterface and PSRawHostUserInterface written in WPF and including a custom ConsoleControl which can be reused for other purposes.
- The first rich, graphical, interactive console.
- The only PowerShell console with Quake Mode!
- Multi-line input prompt inline the way consoles should be.
- Global hotkeys can be tied to ScriptBlocks
- Rich XAML templates for Out-UIElement output formatting
- Each sequence of prompt, command, output are paired into a logical unit -- a RichTextBox Paragraph.
- Triple-Click to select a whole sequence.
- Boatloads of configurable settings are available in the $Host.PrivateData.Settings variable.
- Autohide upon losing focus.
- Animation on hiding.
- Customizable colors (optionally outside the 16 console colors) for each output type, and for each console color
- Integrated graphical Progress display ...
- Written entirely in C# using WPF for the UI, Event Handling, etc.
- Based on ConsoleControl, a WPF rich-text control for interactive consoles capable of embedding images and controls, etc.
Many things left to do:
- PSHostRawUserInterface.GetBufferContents and PSHostRawUserInterface.SetBufferContents are still not quite right.
- PSHostRawUserInterface.ScrollBufferContents is not implemented at all