Standalone PoshConsole control

Topics: Development Help, Feature Request, User Interface
Oct 2, 2011 at 10:21 AM

Hi,

I am very interested in having a powershell console capability hosted within my app. 

I had a look at PoshConsole project but could not find a way to integrate it into my WPF app.

Basically I am looking for a single control that is handling all by itself the shell. Below is what I want to write:

PoshConsole console = new PoshConsole();
myGrid.Children.Add(console); // now the users can interact with the console.

Is it your plan to deliver such control? 

Francois

Coordinator
Oct 2, 2011 at 5:21 PM
No, it's not really my intention to go that far ...

I wrote a "ConsoleControl" but it's meant to be just a WPF (rich)text console ... and then I host PowerShell using that as the UI. But I haven't even thought about trying to clean up the hosting of PowerShell enough to make a simple "Hosted PowerShell console" control.
--
Joel "Jaykul" Bennett
http://HuddledMasses.org
http://PowerShellGroup.org

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 6:21 AM, tongbong <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

I am very interested in having a powershell console capability hosted within my app.

I had a look at PoshConsole project but could not find a way to integrate it into my WPF app.

Basically I am looking for a single control that is handling all by itself the shell. Below is what I want to write:

PoshConsole console = new PoshConsole();
myGrid.Children.Add(console); // now the users can interact with the console.

Is it your plan to deliver such control?

Francois

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (PoshConsole@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email PoshConsole@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 3, 2011 at 12:07 PM

Continuing my search, I could find any console ready to be embedded in WPF... And as far as I see PoshConsole would be the closest one. So it looks like it is a feature request :)

I really believe it would be a massive boost for that project to have this feature because it does not exist anywhere else.